There is one month to go before the submission deadline for the “We Are Newton!” Neighbourhood Anthology project!
Wondering where to start? Here are a few prompts to get your creative juices flowing:
- My first impression of Newton was…
- My favourite thing about Newton is…
- My favourite place in Newton is…
- The funniest/most touching thing that happened to me in Newton is…
- I love living in Newton because…
Looking for more support for more support and inspiration?
- Hardcopy submissions dropped off at the Newton Espresso Café, 7330 – 137 Street, will receive a free coffee! (You still need to submit electronically online!)
- We are hosting a free “Finding Your Story” workshop in partnership with Surrey Libraries on September 13. You can find more details here.
- The “Surrey Muse” group has generously offered to help people write and review their submissions if you are interested. See here for their meeting schedule.
- You are welcome to attend the next project planning meeting on September 27. Details here.
A few reminders about the “We Are Newton!” project:
- You can read full submission guidelines here. Submissions can be sent here.
- The finished book will be the first book to go in the Little Free Library that is going to be installed in The Grove in the fall. It will get lots of use!
- The deadline is October 2, 2016.
- The launch party is the evening of Sunday, November 20, at the Old Surrey Restaurant. Save the date and stay tuned for details!
We would love to have a range of submissions that represent our neighbourhood’s diverse ages, backgrounds and experiences. All submissions are welcome!
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.